Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Girl: How come you don't play (your music) during the daytime? I see you here everyday.
Guy: During the daytime people would want to hear the songs that they know, just songs that they recognize. I play these songs at night or I wouldn't make any money. People wouldn't listen.
Girl: I listen.
Once

This quote was from the 2007 film set in Dublin (now that's a St Patrick's Day Tie-In!). The story was one of two individuals who share a passion for music. They have a romantic interlude, and it looks like it may be a happy ending for the two of them together ... but because of complications and former involvements their paths part. She couldn't follow him to London,, where he was pursuing his music, because she had a little kid and an estranged husband - who she then reconciled with.

The two lessons for me in this film, are to follow your dreams and to be responsible to your obligations. It truly is possible.

Following your passion is essential to having a truly meaningful life. It's not a selfish thing, because the happier you are the happier you can be for the people around you. Sometimes finding a passion isn't so easy ... but with some introspection and sometimes some guidance, there's passion inside all of us.

Cool Tip: See the movie Once (it has an amazing soundtrack) and if you're GREEN with ENVY - find another color !!!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! What a great St. Patty's day post and great advice that I will take to heart. Every day that I follow my passion I feel invigorated - the days that I do not I feel disconnected. Glad I have my coaches to bring me back into focus when I get off track. :-)

    ReplyDelete