Tuesday, February 9, 2010


One shoe can change your life.
Cinderella

In Cinderella's case this was actually very true ... much depended upon her having the right shoe - or more accurately the right size foot. Circumstances certainly are a factor in how our lives work out, but more importantly how we create our circumstances and how we address them, are in my opinion, the real measure of our lives comfort and happiness.

We've all worn shoes that don't fit right - there is the school of dressing that believes it doesn't matter how uncomfortable you are, as long as the look is right. I totally get that - I've been pinched, rubbed, cramped, blistered ... all for the sake of fashion ... don't forget I was a fashion stylist before my transition to becoming a life coach. There are still times that I'd sacrifice my comfort for the right look (clothing wise), but what I've learned is not to sacrifice my inner comfort to appear something that I'm not.

Luckily for Cinderella, the shoe fit and she lived happily ever after. For the rest of us it may not be so simple. We sometimes find ourselves trying to fit into a job, a relationship, a life situation, without making the adjustment that would make us more comfortable and happy. (Don't forget to check .... there's give in all shoes).

Cool Tip for Packing Shoes - if you're in a relationship and your guys shoes are larger than yours - pack your shoes inside his - saves space and it's comfy for the shoes.


4 comments:

  1. I am so impressed! Thanks for keeping me in the "Loop" What a great transition you are into !! This is the 1st BLOG I am following!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shoe seems to fit you just fine! Looking forward to following your blog. More power to you!
    CLB, Nexter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got home from our trip to find this blog - it's terrific! Hope to see you Tuesday at Sharon's
    Love,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane your web-site is an inspiration. your blog is a new adventure for me. I like what I see. All of this reflects a powerful passion and commitment for the work you are doing. Congratulations . (This is also my first response to a blog-Smiles)
    Pat Harbour
    BreakThrough Coaching

    ReplyDelete