Saturday, June 19, 2010

Feelings About Father's Day


Annie Kinsella: Hey, what if the Voice calls while you're gone?
Ray Kinsella: Take a message
Field of Dreams 1989


Ray Kinsella had a father who seemed worn down by life. His passion was baseball and one of his heros, Shoeless Joe Jackson was banned after throwing the 1919 World Series. Ray now is a father himself, hears a voice in the cornfield of his Iowa farm ... and if you don't know how the story turns out, I highly recommend renting it!

Basketball was the sport of choice in my family and my dad, an avid fan. I doubt that he ever would have build a basketball court in our yard no matter what voices he heard! Ray Kinsella was different, he hears a voice and he follows it. He ignores criticism and pursues his dream. He puts the family farm in jeopardy, but continues on.

What dreams do you have? What voice are you ignoring? How would you choose to overcome any regrets that you might have in life. Is there a reconciliation that would really feel good (like Ray and his dad playing catch in the final scene?)

My dad would have loved this weeks Basketball Championship (even though he was really a Knicks fan!). I think of him and remember that I have no regrets in our relationship. He passed on his love for the game to my brother and I think he'd be very proud of me for becoming a Coach (even though it's not a sports Coach!!!)


Cool Tip: Need to spruce up your sneakers???? Use Simple Green ... works wonders.




No comments:

Post a Comment